Wednesday, November 25, 2009

What has changed?

*If you would like to back up to the beginning of my weight loss journey, and see how much I WEIGH...and how much I have lost...go HERE.


So Janelle...what things besides working out have you changed over the last few weeks? Well...self...glad you asked! One of the biggest things I have changed besides going from non-existent exercise to daily excercise...is my eating! I mentioned in my original TMI post that I am not focusing on any certain "diet" and trying to not use that word even. I have learned a lot over the course of my life and on all my tried and failed diet journeys. Mainly though I am following what I learned most from my LA Weightloss days. Scratch that...I started this post about 2 weeks ago but hadn't gotten back to it until now. As of last Thursday I did re-join LA Weightloss. I love their plan, it is the easiest for me to follow. It is not a cheap plan to join, but hoping that it will be well worth it in the end. Here are some things I do:
  1. Drink more water. I don't think I am getting my 64 ozs quite yet, but definitely drinking more.
  2. Less salt. I cook the food myself so that I know how much salt goes into the food, or I insist that my husband does not add ANY salt so that I can add my desired amount. Mostly I use Morton's lite salt (Morton Lite Salt has 1/2 the sodium of regular salt). Which, in my opinion, tastes great. My mother, the salt addict, would beg to differ with me.
  3. I have switched to sticking to Mrs. Dash for seasoning my food. There are a bazillion different flavors, and they don't have SALT in them! I think they taste great!
  4. I mostly eat chicken or shrimp. Mostly chicken though. I steer clear of red meat as much as possible. I know that red meat has more sodium in it, and it is harder for your body to digest. Lately the red meat that I have been eating is deer. My 11 yo son killed his first deer a couple weeks ago. On that same day my husband also got a doe AND a buck. Needless to say, like it or not, we are eating deer for quite a while. On a good note though, deer is leaner than beef, which is good.
  5. I eat a lot of stir fry. Mainly grill the meat in my grill pan, and sautee the veggies in either Extra Virgin Olive Oil or Coconut oil. We just recently started using coconut oil. It has the same nutritional content as EVOO, but when you use it to cook your veggies, it makes them more crisp and not as soggy.
  6. I limit any sauce that I use to dip food in. ie: bbq sauce, ketchup. Mostly I use hot sauce if anything because a little goes a long ways.
List of things that I am no longer doing:
  1. Eating an entire can of Pringles honey mustard chips or salt and vinegar chips IN ONE SITTING. Actually, I don't eat them at all. I don't want to waste all my carbs just for a couple of salty chips that will dry me out. 
  2. Eating ice cream straight out of the container when no one is looking. Eating the ice cream so fast that my family didn't even realize we had any. sniff sniff...no more schwans peanut butter cup chocolate ice cream. I can't be trusted with it.
  3. Laying around watching TV and hangin out on the internet and taking care of River during the day. I actually did 8 loads of laundry yesterday!
  4. Feeling depressed because I am sitting around not exerting any energy.
  5. Hiding under the weight, I am not anymore, everything out in the open. It has been very humbling and relieving for me.

2 comments:

  1. Fantastic! You're doing GREAT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome, Janelle! Great job! Congratulations on your weight loss! I'm working out with you... did you know that?! I started at Anytime Fitness three weeks ago today. I think I'm only down 3-ish pounds, have been working out 6 times per week and am seeing small improvements here and there. Finding it difficult NOT to weigh myself every day... talk about torture. I've joined SparkPeople.com... a great nutrition/exercise resource and am staying motivated. Love the "racy" pictures you posted! Those were the days, weren't they?! I refuse to believe that was over 10 years ago! :)

    ReplyDelete