Thursday, January 7, 2010

Nameless Muffins

Today I made random muffins from scratch, without a recipe. I started adding stuff...and couldn't stop. The following items are what I grabbed and threw in:

1/4 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
1 cup of multi-grain oatmeal
1 egg
about 1/3 cup of unsweetened applesauce
a little more than a dash of cinnamon
about 1/2 cup flax meal
approx 1 Tablespoon of flax oil
1/2 tsp of baking soda
1/2 tsp of baking powder
about 1 cup of flour (would have preferred to use whole wheat flour)
pinch of Morton light salt
1/2 cup of Splenda 1/2 sugar blend
a squeeze of honey
a spoonful of Nutella
About 5 shredded baby carrots
a dash of pure vanilla extract

Pretty much everything but the kitchen sink.

Mixed it all together. Put them in greased muffin liners in a muffin pan. Sprinkled a little sugar and coconut over the tops of the muffins. Baked for about 15 to 20 minutes. It made 12 full size muffins.

The outcome...they were good! The ultimate test taste pass was when Xavier liked them! He, of course, is the pickiest eater of all times. He can sniff out onions, garlic, and "green things" in food from a mile away.

If and when I try them again, I may replace the shredded carrots for shredded zucchini.

This picture was taken with my camera phone, so not the greatest.

If you make them, or something similar...let me know!


Oh...and...I need a name for my invention. Any suggestions?

2 comments:

  1. I like: Everything BUT the Kitchen Sink Muffins!!!

    Or...

    Made Up Muffins

    Goodness Gracious they're GREAT Muffins!

    This, That, and Anything Else YOU Can Find Muffins!

    I know I've had an entire day off, but I'm sort of drawing a blank. Therefore, I'll just start, and END, with those for now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was going to say Everything But The Kitchen Sink Muffins too!! Way to create in the kitchen! I did that with breakfast cookies once....oats, sunflower seeds, craisens, etc...~Chris Ann

    ReplyDelete