Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Weigh in Wednesday (Round 5)

I am weighing in Tuesday night since I am at the mercy of my husband to bring home his computer for me to be able to blog. So just in case....I weighed in this morning at 222. I am not doing well. I feel very out of control. I have been emotionally out of control lately, a lot. I could really use your prayers in this area. It is not PMS, I think it all comes down to emotional junk that I need to get dealt with. All I know is that I haven't been the nicest mommy or wife the last couple of weeks. I know I need to do better. I do think the weight crash and my attitude go hand in hand...as it ALWAYS has my entire life! I get angry...I say "screw it" and eat a bowl full of oreos slathered in peanut butter. Or popcorn with real butter on it. I know better! I feel like I have no self control right now at all. I am just spiralling out of control. My laundry is piling up and I don't care....I have paperwork that needs done...I don't care. I did finally manage to thoroughly clean my kitchen tonight and make sure the dining and living rooms were clean...and the bathroom...otherwise I know my husband would have been really out of sorts when he got home from a long day of work...thus adding more stress to my already grouchy 'tude.

Another area of struggle is excercise. I haven't been...at all. Last time I did real excercise was in Florida...but when it is snowy and cold out I really feel like hibernating. I can tend to be someone who never leaves the house if I don't have to.

I have new motivation though, I scheduled family pictures first weekend in May. I have 12 weeks to lose at least 20 pounds. I do think it is possible.

Here are a few of the positive realities among the depressed atmosphere I seem to be creating right now.
1. At 222, that means I am still down 21.6 pounds. My 15 month old baby weighs 24.6 pounds. That is a LOT of weight. I DID THAT, NOBODY ELSE....ME!

2. I know how to lose weight, I have the resources available to do it.

3. I have a family that will support me in my health quest.

4. I am able to be a Stay at home mom (SAHM) and am able to focus on weight loss and being healthy. (Also I can drink as much water as I am suppose to without worrying about taking too many breaks to go to the bathroom)

5. I am starting a women's Bible study at my home weekly, surrounding myself with other womenand with the word of God has to help me come out of this funk quicker!

6. I do have a God that I can take my problems to, He will...and He wants be there for me and carry me through this. I do NOT have to do this alone.

7. I WILL succeed, I WILL conquer this weight loss journey. I WILL inspire others along the way. I WILL gain the respect of my family by showing them I care enough about myself to get healthy...and that I care about them enough to want to be around for them for years to come!

Lastly, I really appreciate the support I have received from my blogger friends. It really does help. Each encouraging word means the world to me. Thank you!

Oh yeah...and I turned 31 yesterday. ;o) I will end with a couple of pictures taken on my recent trip to Floriday with my husband.
My Love

Our fancy night out. Was fun...and didn't realize you could see my bra until it was too late. oops.

Goofy self portrait. I don't know if I will ever stop taking these goofy pictures. ;o)

2 comments:

  1. Hi Janelle! I just weighed in today too! I'm not doing super great but I'm losing steadily so I'll take what I can get!

    I'm glad you included that list of positives...focus on those because girl, YOU'VE LOST 21.6 pounds! Woohoo!

    Call me if you'd like to chat about your funk, life, or if you just want someone to whom you can vent. Sometimes just doing that helps! I'll tweet my new cell phone number to you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your honesty. It's not all sunshine and roses on any journey that's worth taking. Keep at it! I'll pray for you, friend.

    ReplyDelete