Monday, April 19, 2010

Introducing Shannon...

Hello! As mentioned a couple of weeks ago, I will be starting a series on my blog on raising boys. I have enlisted the help of some other moms of boys to guest blog here. I am SO excited at the enthusiasm and response I have had from you all! I think this is going to be great! The first official post will be tomorrow, Tuesday. To kick off this series, there will also be a giveaway! You will not want to miss it, as it is dedicated to Mother's Day!

So, without further ado, I would like to introduce to you my first guest blogger! She has put together a lovely bio for you to get to know her, but before that...I would like to tell you how I know her. Shannon and I met last October when we went to Mudd Lake for a MckMama gathering. Shannon and her husband, who bravely attended the event, were such an awesome, warming, inviting couple. I felt like I had known her for years, and quickly wished that we lived within driving distance for frequent lunch dates and trips to the park. Sadly, however, she lives 5 hours away from me, so we will keep in touch via the internet....and hopefully plan for another bloggy gathering up North soon! (hint hint)

Hi! My name is Shannon. I am a stay at home mother of two awesome boys. Devon is my oldest, he is 10 years old. Seamus is my youngest, he is 4 years old. It was not my dream to be a stay at home mom and sometimes I think I will go out of my mind. However, being able to spend this time with them and witness all their firsts - to see them grow and change right before my eyes is the greatest gift my husband could give me. I blink and they've grown. Where does the time go? I am married to the love of my life, Ian. I am sure you can tell by our names that we are Americans of Irish descent :) I never thought I'd be a mom surrounded by boys - even our dog and cat are male! It keeps life exciting - never a dull or extra clean moment - hah! And - I wouldn't change it for the world!

Stay tuned tomorrow for Shannon's post! And....a Mother's Day giveaway!

No comments:

Post a Comment